Saturday, January 22, 2011

SKIN and other tear provoking books.

Skin. Not me being crazy. My book. Alright. I know I haven't written anything in a VERY LONG TIME. However, I hope that you will forgive me and let me continue with my summary of my amazing book.

My sister got me this book for the Christmas of 2009. Skin is written by Adrienne Maria Vrettos, just in case you're wondering. On the cover of my copy it says,
She was dying to be thin.
He was struggling to survive.
And on the back, it says
You don't have to be thin to feel small.
Basically, this book is a bout a boy named Donnie whose life is getting worse and worse everyday. His parents are struggling and fighting all the time, his friends are completely ignoring him, no one at school talks to him and his sister is battling the disease of Anorexia. Everything is about his sister and he feels smaller and smaller everyday.  I've already read this book and enjoyed it very much. It was a quick read but very deep and sad. Don't be fooled by it. If you're anything like me, you'll be crying forever once you read this book. I don't look at anything the same way anymore. All because of this book. It's very grounding.
Another book that left me in tears like that was a book I read for the third time last night. Also a quick read but DEFINITELY not light and fun. Life on the Refrigerator door. By Alice Kuipers. I think I talked about this book already but it's just SO AMAZING! The life of a fifteen year old girl and her mother shown through notes that are posted to each other on the door of their fridge. Very sad.

Anyway, I hope I didn't let you down and I'll try and keep these blog posts up and I hope you will try either SKIN by Adrienne Maria Vrettos or Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers.

Ebony :]

No comments:

Post a Comment