Saturday, September 11, 2010

Poems

I just recently rented a book from the library that is right across our street. Thirty seconds away if you walk. Anyways, I rented another poem book. I enjoy writing and reading poems. But then I looked on my bookcase and remembered that I have a giant poem book with nine hundred and seventy three pages. That's right. Nine hundred and seventy. I compared the two side by side and sighed. Why did I rent this? But it has many different poets that mine doesn't have. Would you like to hear one of my favourites? Here it is:

In Your Light I Learn How To Love
RUMI

In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty how to make poems.


You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you,


but sometimes I do,
and that sight becomes art.

AHHH! That is amazing writing. And many people have forgotten what that is like. Here is an example! This is the stuff that makes books. Little verses like these are the things that makes books into classics. Maybe not this particular one but many like this.

Ebony.

No comments:

Post a Comment