Thursday, September 23, 2010

Put the chicken in the oven Ebony!

Alright, I'll admit it.

Today, when I got home, I make the chicken or put it in the oven. "So What?" You're saying. But it's not that simple. I can't just say "So what if I didn't make the dinner today even though I said that I would?" I forgot to put the chicken in the oven so now I have to eat a lamb stew for dinner. Once again, I know what the chef voice inside of your head is saying. I know because the chef voice inside MY head is saying the exact same thing. It's saying "Mmm...Lamb stew. Nice and comforting. I love lamb stew! Ebony is crazy." But even though I know I should like lamb and I can't really say that I'm a good cook if I don't like lamb but...but...I'm listening to the other voice in my head. The voice that makes me just another teenage girl with just another blog. And it's saying "Ebony, you know that lamb may taste extraordinary to others but not to you. Just like certain things taste incredible to you and make others cringe." And right now, this voice is taking over the cook voice. Unfortunately. So even though I'm not hungry right now, I know I'll have to have dinner at some point when I DO get hungry. And when that happens, it's going to be lambstew.

But don't get me wrong, the lamb stew doesn't taste terrible, just, not amazing (maybe if I  add lots of cottage cheese or sour cream). And if I may just add that I'm sorry I'm venting about the food I'm having for dinner because I do know that there are starving people out there who would die of happiness to have ten spoonfuls
of this lamb stew. And I am completely sympathetic for them. I hateit, absolutely hate it (and you should know that I rarely use the word hate) when people take a bite of their apple or of their sandwich and
decide they don't like and then just pop it in the trash. Tut, tut, tut.

Yes, I didn't do the chicken.
Ebony


P.S. Mother, if you're reading this, please don't lecture me about how it's silly that I don't like lamb.
I HAVE MY REASONS!    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment